Today I needed to power-up our old Prophet21 Acclaim server to find some old information. It has been 7 years since we upgraded and the terminal connected to the machine did not work. So, I connected a switch and laptop to the server and tried to get in that way.
Unfortunately, when I tried to go into Acclaim I got the “Stopped!” message. I remember I had to enter an ON and a GO somewhere but, couldn’t remember where. The trick it turns out is being the console. The console automatically goes to UTILITY COMMAND. The problem was I wasn’t on the console. It took a call from a colleague to remind me how to seize the console.
1. login as root or su to root
2. if not on console take control of console: #p21 -t tty0
3. at UTILITY COMMAND… type ON
4. at UNIT NR… type 0
5. at FRACTION FULL DISPLAY… <enter>
6. keep hitting <enter> until back at UT prompt
7. at UTILITY COMMAND… type GO <enter>
8. at UTILITY COMMAND… hit <enter>
9. at JOB… prompt hit <enter>
10. Login to P21
Hopefully, I will never have to use this again but, just in case here it is.