Microsoft has updated the Outlook Mail App (at least for Android) and broke the connection for Exchange accounts. If you already had an Exchange account you’ll likely find it no-longer synchronizes with Exchange.
Furthermore, if you attmept to delete and re-add the account you’ll find you cannot select a type of account to add (or so it seems).
You can still use the Outlook app to check Exchange mailboxes. You just have to know the trick!
- Tap the Gear icon to open the Settings window:
- Tap Add Account:
- Then select Add an email account at bottom of screen:
- The app will automatically find accounts on the device and select them to add. Unselect the accounts you don’t want added and then tap Add Account at bottom of screen:
- At this point the app will prompt for an email address. It will use this to create an IMAP account (we don’t want this). Enter email address and tap Continue
- Here is the trick! Tap the ? icon:
- At the bottom of the screen will be additional options. Tap Change account provider:
- Now, you can tap Exchange to create an Exchange account:
- You’ll likely need to enter additional information like server name, domain, etc. To do this enable Advanced Settings:
- Enter any needed information and tap the check-mark icon
- The Outlook Mail App will attempt to connect…
- … and if successful you should be able to view your Exchange mailbox:
These screenshots came off my Kindle Fire tablet. However, the same problem was overcome on a Lenovo 10″ tablet using these instructions.